I’m not sure about you but so many people I know are coming down with some sort of cold. I’m recovering from one myself! Over the past couple of years, we have been boosting our health regimen for the better. There are things we can do to prevent icky colds and things we can do to minimize the effects. Especially for this time of year, we thought it would be beneficial to share some of items we have to have on hand while fighting or avoiding a cold!
1. This Sniffle Balm by Lulu Organics – Great when you want to avoid getting sick and to keep on hand while you’re sick! When traveling, rub on your nose so germs have a hard time getting in. When sick, rub under your nose and chest to soothe chapped skin and to keep airways open. Think of it as a natural organic Vicks.
2. These herbs: Golden Echinacea & Oil of Oregano – You can find both of these at whole foods. Golden Echinacea is great when your feel something coming on. It is seriously gold! The majority of the time it will knock out any starting symptoms or lessen them tremendously. Just take a dropper full mixed in with a little water. Don’t exceed maximum dosage per day though, no matter how sick! Oil of Oregano is good for preventive treatment and cold remedy. Put a couple of drops in a boiling pot of water to cleanse the air from bacteria and germs. Inhale with a towel over your head to kill any bacteria that could be causing a sore throat. Best part, this anti-bacterial and anti-fungal herb makes your house smell like a pizza shop! I even put a couple drops in my tomato sauces for an extra immunity and flavor boost!
3. This tea with this darling teacup – In the winter, cinnamon tea is your best friend. It keeps the heat inside of your body during all the cold fronts. Pair it with ginger or cardamom for an extra boost in cold defense. Currently, I’m alternating between this one and this one for my cough. Remember, nothing beats fresh ginger boiled into tea!
4. This blanket – I have to be snuggled up in a blanket when I’m sick. Cashmere socks + tea in hand, all wrapped up watching a movie is the best way to get better. It’s all about rest! Restoration Hardware has this plush throw on sale right now in 7 different colors!
5. This diffuser and eucalyptus oil – I diffuse all sorts of things! I have this diffuser in the 1st version. You can change the light color depending on your mood. In the winter I usually have it on light orange. It’s like a little baby sun! Eucalyptus oil is the best when you need to open up your sinuses. Diffuse it in the air, steam with it, or add a couple drops to a hot washcloth for a heat compress. You can get organic essential oils at Whole Foods. Wherever you shop, just make sure it’s all organic! My two favorite organic brands are Now and Aura Cacia.
Speaking from lots experience, all these points have helped me tremendously when I’m feeling under the weather. I hope they can help you out this season too!